- I am the only Kelly McCaughrain in the world. In. The. World.
2. I met my husband when we were in 6, we started going out when we were 16 and got married at 25. I have great faith in High School Romance.
3. I have been obsessed with VW campervans since seeing the movie 1969 when I was 14, and I finally got my own a few years ago. Her name is Gerda, she just turned 50 years old, and she is beloved by all small children because apparently Peppa Pig has one.
4. My sister once described my dress sense as “just the right side of geeky.” Which was an improvement on the time she said I looked like I’d just wandered out of a hostel.
5. My friends find it very amusing that I’ve written a book with birds in the title when IRL I have a serious bird-phobia.
6. I sometimes sew and knit things.
7. I play the ukulele.
8. The first time my mum gave me money to buy my own clothes I came home with 13 classic novels.
9. I once flew a small plane over Rathlin Island.
10. I have ridden an Icelandic horse.
11. I was once in a band. I was pretty bad at it.